GOLF COURSE REOPENING
Each golf course shall have an employee (Safety Ambassador) assigned during regular business hours solely dedicated to ensuring patrons are practicing Social Distancing Safety Protocols. They will also be required to sanitize high touch areas consistently throughout the day.
The following Social Distancing Safety Protocols shall be in effect until further notice. Protocols may be further enhanced at the sole discretion of the County to further ensure the safety of the public and employees.
GOLFER CHECK-IN, GOLF PLAY AND CLUBHOUSE SURROUNDS - RESTRICTIONS
- The clubhouse, restaurant and pro shop shall remain closed to public entry.
- Payment of green fees shall be from an existing outdoor facing starter window or from a check-in table at the pro shop door. A minimum of five (5) six-foot social distancing markings on the ground shall be installed.
- Stanchions and other delineators at each location will be set up to create a six-foot barrier around the golf starter area in order to minimize close contact between our employees and the public.
- All golf course staff shall wear a face mask and gloves when interacting with the public and must maintain six-feet distancing.
- Hand sanitizer, soap and water, or effective disinfectant/wipes will be made available to golfers at or near each entrance to the facility and restrooms.
- Golfers will be encouraged to pre-pay using debit/credit cards at time of reservation.
- Payment at the golf course shall be gift, debit or credit card only.
- Tee time intervals shall be no less than 10 minutes apart.
- Tee times shall be limited to no more than 5 players. No more than three (3) golf cars maximum, per 5 players. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Players may not arrive on any tee box until the previous group has left the teeing ground.
- Rental clubs are available.
- Public counters and service windows will be frequently sanitized.
- Single riders golf carts. Two riders can ride together while wearing masks at all times. Can share a cart with members of the same household without mask. 5 players will be granted three (3) golf cars maximum, no exceptions.
- Golfers may remove and adjust the flag stick during their round.
- Golf Carts, riding and hand carts, shall be sanitized at least once per day.
- All golf course restrooms shall be serviced and disinfected every 2 hours until 6:00 pm every day. Doors shall be propped open when possible.
- All pro shop merchandise sales shall be final. Golfers are not permitted to enter the pro shop.
- Facility doors shall be propped open wherever possible.
- Bunker rakes, ball washers and benches are available for use during the round.
- Private lessons will be allowed using proper social distancing techniques and both the student and instructor will be required to wear face masks. Group golf lessons are also permitted.
- Group play or tournament play is allowed.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Food and beverages at restaurants and cafes will be limited to takeout only. Lines with six-foot markers for guests to maintain safe social distances shall be installed.
- Benches and tables are available for outside seating.
- Beverage cart may be operated. Staff must wear a mask and protective gloves to conduct a transaction. Social Distancing Safety Protocols must be observed.
GOLF COURSE SET-UP
- Rakes, ball washers, benches, divot boxes and sand bottles are available for use.
- Golf course putting green cups are in normal operating condition and can be touched.
- Drinking fountains are available.
- Practice putting green is open.
- No congregating will be allowed on the driving range. All golfers must ‘practice’ and then leave the facility. If necessary, golf course management may implement a 1-hour maximum time limit for use of the driving range.
- No golfer shall stand behind a hitting station while waiting for another golfer to finish.
- Driving range mat centerlines shall be no less than 12 feet apart. Driving ranges with fixed partitions shall use only every other stall.
- Range baskets shall be sanitized at least daily.
- Range balls shall be washed after each use.
- Ball dispensing machines shall be frequently sanitized.
- The golf course operator will be required to have a ‘Safety Ambassador’ on-site during all business hours. The sole purpose of said staff member is to ensure that golf course staff and patrons are practice all required Social Distancing Safety Protocols.
- Any patron, who refuses to adhere to the safety protocols after one warning, will be asked to leave the property immediately.
- The Department of Parks and Recreations Golf Division will conduct regular on-site visits to all County golf courses to monitor and ensure that staff and patrons adhere to all Social Distancing Safety Protocols.