GOLF COURSE REOPENING – PHASE 1
The County of Los Angeles Department of Parks and Recreation’s twenty golf courses will re-open for regular operating hours on Saturday, May 9, 2020. Golf courses will implement a variety of procedures to promote social distancing and keep common areas sanitized.
Each golf course shall have an employee (Safety Ambassador) assigned during regular business hours solely dedicated to ensuring patrons are practicing Social Distancing Safety Protocols. They will also be required to sanitize high touch areas consistently throughout the day.
The following Social Distancing Safety Protocols shall be in effect until further notice. Protocols may be further enhanced at the sole discretion of the County to further ensure the safety of the public and employees.
GOLFER CHECK-IN, GOLF PLAY AND CLUBHOUSE SURROUNDS - RESTRICTIONS
- The clubhouse, restaurant and pro shop shall remain closed.
- Payment of green fees shall be from an existing outdoor facing starter window or from a check-in table at the pro shop door. A minimum of five (5) six-foot social distancing markings on the ground shall be installed.
- Stanchions and other delineators at each location will be set up to create a six-foot barrier around the golf starter area in order to minimize close contact between our employees and the public.
- All golf course staff shall wear a face mask and gloves when interacting with the public and must maintain six-feet distancing.
- Hand sanitizer, soap and water, or effective disinfectant/wipes will be made available to golfers at or near each entrance to the facility and restrooms.
- Golfers will be encouraged to pre-pay using debit/credit cards at time of reservation.
- Payment at the golf course shall be gift, debit or credit card only.
- Tee time intervals shall be no less than 10 minutes apart.
- Tee times shall be limited to no more than 4 players.
- Players may not arrive on any tee box until the previous group has left the teeing ground.
- Score cards and pencils will be handed out when requested, not placed on counter.
- Rental clubs will not be available.
- Public counters and service windows will be frequently sanitized.
- Club racks shall be removed or cordoned off.
- Trash cans shall be touchless. Remove lids if present.
- Single riders in golf carts only without additional cost. Fee shall not exceed 50% of the two-rider rate for that time of day.
- Golfers may not touch, remove or adjust the flag stick during their round.
- Golf Carts, riding and hand carts, shall be sanitized before and after each use.
- All golf course restrooms shall be serviced and disinfected every 2 hours until 6:00 pm every day. Doors shall be propped open when possible.
- All pro shop merchandise sales shall be final. Golfers are not permitted to enter the pro shop.
- Facility doors shall be propped open wherever possible.
- As there will be no bunker rakes available, golfers will be instructed, as per USGA COVID 19 Rules, to “try their best to smooth the disturbed area with a foot or a golf club after playing their ball”.
- Private lessons will be allowed using proper social distancing techniques and both the student and instructor will be required to wear face masks. There shall be no group lessons (2 or more golfers).
- No group play or tournaments will be allowed.
- Golfers must leave the property immediately upon completion of play. There shall be no congregating or tailgating in the parking lot.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Food and beverages at restaurants and cafes will be limited to takeout only. Lines with six-foot markers for guests to maintain safe social distances shall be installed.
- Benches and tables will be removed to discourage congregation.
- Beverage cart may be operated. Staff must wear a mask and protective gloves to conduct a transaction. Social Distancing Safety Protocols must be observed.
GOLF COURSE SET-UP
- Rakes, ball washers, benches, divot boxes and sand bottles will be removed in order to eliminate common touch points.
- Golf course putting green cups shall be installed in a ‘touchless’ manner. Foam or another material may be inserted. At no time should the entire ball rest below the putting surface.
- Drinking fountains and water coolers shall be removed.
- Practice putting and chipping green shall remain closed.
- No congregating will be allowed on the driving range. All golfers must ‘practice’ and then leave the facility. If necessary, golf course management may implement a 1-hour maximum time limit for use of the driving range.
- No golfer shall stand behind a hitting station while waiting for another golfer to finish.
- Driving range mat centerlines shall be no less than 12 feet apart. Driving ranges with fixed partitions shall use only every other stall.
- Range baskets shall be regularly sanitized.
- Range balls shall be washed after each use.
- Ball dispensing machines shall be frequently sanitized.
- The golf course operator will be required to have a ‘Safety Ambassador’ on-site during all business hours. The sole purpose of said staff member is to ensure that golf course staff and patrons are practice all required Social Distancing Safety Protocols.
- Any patron, who refuses to adhere to the safety protocols after one warning, will be asked to leave the property immediately.
- The Department of Parks and Recreations Golf Division will conduct regular on-site visits to all County golf courses to monitor and ensure that staff and patrons adhere to all Social Distancing Safety Protocols.